Josh had a great idea while we are cooking dinner last night . . . I think Rachel Ray may already do something like this but . . . I’m going to Just Cuc it 😉 and share my recipes for Quick Meals–meals you can prepare in 15-20 minutes!
He watches me run around the kitchen sometimes and is amazed by how fast something gets whipped up. We aren’t even in a hurry most the time and there are no other hungry mouths waiting . . . but I can’t help it . . . I cook like there’s a dinner bell that is watiing to be rung!
Quick meals! I think we cooked our Spicy chicken tenders in under 15 minutes last night (not counting the trip to the grocery store).
It helps to have a fry daddy!! It isn’t the healthiest alternative, baking in the oven is certainly better, but not as tasty!!
This recipe will easily feed 3-4 people (I’m embarrassed to say that Josh and I almost finished them all!!!) So yummy!
- 2 large chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- Louisiana Chicken Fry (flour mix) or you can use regular flour
- red pepper flakes
- Old Bay meat seasoning (or Tony’s Chachere’s or regular season salt)
- onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper
- 1 egg
- Tabasco sauce
- cayenne pepper
- Slice breasts into halves and then slice into smaller finger-size pieces
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the chicken, egg, cayenne, red pepper flakes, tabasco (I used about 5-6 shakes, but I shoot for SPICY, you can use what you are comfortable with), season salt (a few shakes). Turn the chicken so that the egg is mixed up well.
- Pre-heat the fry daddy to 375 degrees while you are breading
- In a shallow, but roomy dish (I used a pie dish), pour a cup of the chicken fry or flour into the dish, add a few more shakes of season salt, onion powder, garlic powder and white pepper. Using a fork, incorporate the dry ingredients into the flour.
- One by one, drop the chicken pieces into the flour and coat (like breading shrimp), set aside on parchment paper until all pieces have been coated.
- When oil is hot (you can test this by dropping a little bit of flour into the oil, if it starts to bubble, then the oil is ready), place each piece in one at a time, softly, as to not splatter and burn yourself!
- These little chicken fingers cook very quickly, about 1 minute per piece, but you can tell when they are ready, they will float to the top. Should be a golden brown when ready.
Serve with grainy brown mustard or ranch!