Ever have one of those nights when you know you want to cook but nothing sounds fantastic yet everything seems doable? Josh and I have been suffering from indecisiveness a lot lately . . . I think it has more to do with us TRYING to stay on our low-to-no carb diet than anything else. Boy have we been bad . . .but OH SOOOO Happy! How does one be a foodie on any type of diet!?!!? Oy! I will have to keep working on that part 😛
Last night was one of those nights when I knew I wanted to cook but nothing sounded particularly interesting until my sweetheart announced that he wanted something spicy and was in the mood for my shrimp fettuccine . . . BUT he also wanted some sausage . . . and chicken did not sound bad. My head immediately went to a jambalaya but my heart had set on fettuccine by this point!
PUT THEM TOGETHER! Spicy Shrimp, Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya Pasta! I’ve seen something like this on a few menus around town. Never been really happy with the choice but just those words together made the Cajun inside me sparkle 😉
It isn’t a hard recipe to follow but we chuckled when I had to use 4 different pots and pans versus my typical ONE PAN preparation 😛
Here you go! This recipe served 2 with a serving leftover for lunch the next day!
- 1 package Fettuccine noodles (the Buitoni Fresh Fettuccine Noodles)
- 2-3 shallots or 1 small white onion
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- 1 can Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan alfredo sauce
- ½ lb peeled and de-veined shrimp (about a dozen medium sized shrimp)
- Half of a chicken breast
- 2 italian sausage links (I got them HOT)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- ½ lemon
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne
- McCormick’s Garlic & Herb seasoning
- Heat enough water to boil the noodles. (Add a drop of olive oil and a pinch or two of salt to keep the noodles from clumping as they cook). Remove from heat, strain and toss 1 tsp of butter to keep them from sticking while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Slice the half chicken breast into small bite size pieces, wash the shrimp and set aside
- In a separate pan, cook the sausages, slice into bite-size pieces and set aside
- Chop a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary and set aside
- Chop up the shallots or onion (very small pieces)
- Heat the Ragu alfredo sauce in a separate pan, add a few sprinkles of the garlic & herb and keep on very low until later
- In a large skillet – By the way . . . if you do not already own one of these, I STRONGLY recommend that you run out to Target and pick one up! It’s called Tefal, it’s the one with the thermal red spot in the center of the pan. It is the best pan I have ever owned and I promise you will not regret it!—So in a large skillet, heat the olive oil, remainder of the butter, minced garlic and shallots.
- Add the chopped rosemary and thyme, sauté for a minute until shallots are transparent
- Add chicken slices to the pan and sauté, then the shrimp. Once they are cooked, add the sliced sausage. Toss and sprinkle with garlic herb seasoning, a few dashes of salt, cracked black pepper, cayenne and crushed red pepper. Add as much heat as you are comfortable with, my dish gets pretty spicy!
- Add the pasta and toss for a minute, add the alfredo sauce and fold everything together in the pan
- Squeeze half of a lemon into the pan, make sure you remove the seeds
Serve with garlic bread!