We are trying a semi Atkins diet. Pretty Low – carb, close to no carb, but it almost seems impossible to cut ALL carbs out of one’s diet :/ A few years back, I remember that I tried a carb-free diet and lasted all of 2 days! I simply could not give up my jasmine rice – I was soooo moody and felt completely depressed. I am a lover of food, I never really over indulge, just hate to exercise! So it’s time to make a change and it’s so much easier to have someone join you in the crusade against weight! Thanks JB <3
Last night I pan-fried catfish for our inaugural Lo-Carb supper!
Blackened Catfish is pretty easy!
You can usually find fresh, farm-raised catfish in the grocer’s fish market (HEB). . . I bought 3 fillets (for myself, Josh and Jonah). Jonah skipped out on us to meet friends at Myako’s for there very awesome sushi happy hour! Here is the recipe for 3 servings.
- Catfish fillets (1/person)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- olive oil
- fish sauce
- blackened seasoning, Tony’s cajun seasoning, or Lawry’s seasoned salt
- black pepper
- Rub 1-2 drops of olive oil on fish (both sides)
- Sprinkle onion, garlic, and cajun seasoning on fish (both sides)
- Depending on your desired level of spice, sprinkle black pepper and cayenne on fish
- very carefully, add 2-3 drops of fish sauce to one side of the fish (you do not need more than that)
- Let rest in fridge for 20-30 minutes to marinade
- Heat nonstick pan on high, add olive oil to pan
- add fillets and turn heat down to medium high heat
- fish tends to cook pretty quickly, about 5 minutes on each side (depending on size of fillet)
**I added a little water to the pan when it looked like it was charring or smoking, this created a more darker golden color on the fish!
Squeeze some lemon on it and normally I would serve this with dirty or jasmine rice, but since we are not eating CARBS, we just had it by itself.
Here are the nutrition facts if you are curious.
|Taken from FatSecret.com|