Here’s the recipe! Love this leftover trick!!!
Here’s the Maggi Sauce you’ll need:
Leftover Makeover Fried Rice
Write a review
- small yellow onion
- 1-2 cups of day old rice (straight out of the fridge)
- peas & carrots
- Maggi Sauce
- white pepper
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- variety of proteins: shrimp, beef, ground pork, chicken breast, fried chicken leftovers, sausage
- variety of veggies: Mushrooms, carrots, peas, celery, asparagus, snow peas, bean sprouts
- Start with day old jasmine rice or leftover steamed or fried rice from chinese takeout!
- I always call this my leftover makeover rice because I'll add whatever proteins and veggies I may have in the fridge!
- Chop/Slice any big pieces of meat or veggies that you are using into bite size pieces
- Chop the yellow onion
- 1 tsp of minced garlic sauteed in olive or sesame oil (enough oil to cover the surface of your pan
- Add any proteins that need to be cooked ahead of time (sprinkle pepper and maggi sauce into the pan while sauteeing meat)
- Remove meats from pan and set aside
- Add more oil to cover pan if needed, add rice to pan and move around, separate clumps if there are any, add 2-3 tsp of Maggi to rice, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, a sprinkle of sugar, 1/2 tsp of white pepper, 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Add chopped yellow onion and other proteins that did not need to be cooked ahead of time), keeping moving the contents around, keep the heat on high.
- Add your veggies and saute for a few mins ( I like my veggies al dente bc they will continue to get soft) If you are using fresh mushrooms, celery, etc then you should saute ahead of time to your preference and set aside. Otherwise, a few mins in the hot pan is plenty.
- Re-add the pre-cooked proteins (and veggies)
- Create a hole in the middle of the pan by pushing contents up against the perimeter of the pan, add a little more oil if you need to, crack 2 eggs in the hole and let cook about 30 secs, then start to scramble the eggs, then start incorporating the contents towards the center of the pan.
- Add more Maggi, about 2tsp
- If you are using bean sprouts, turn off the heat and add the bean sprouts and toss the rice. Sprinkle a little fresh cracked black pepper when serving. I like to add chopped scallions to the rice when serving as well!
Just Cuc It! http://justcucit.com/