wow . . . like seriously . . .wow. they weren’t kidding when they say that ,”time flies.” so here is my note for this year . . .
36 CHEERS to Thirty Six Ways I Have Made Myself Proud in my Thirty-Fifth Year (in no particular order):
1. Jonah started driving this year and i have not had a major heart attack yet . . . “Whoooa!”
2. Just very recently I have decided that going back to get my Masters isn’t such a bad idea . . . i have already taken the GMAT . . . so the question is: do i really want others to start judging my papers and do i really want to start caring about obnoxiously powerful letters of the alphabet again? (Damn those A’s!)
3. Drawing and painting again . . . these are loves that require time, focus and inspiration . . . it is not often that the planets align and these three elements find themselves dancing on the tips of my fingers!
4. Seriously awesome SPRING ROLL PARTIES! i cannot hide it, the Monica Gellar in me is alive and well!
5. Survived the Chicago trip without completely losing it! (but it was “this” close)
6. Taken my tech-savvvy skillz to a new level! what would life be like without google!
7. drove three non-english-speaking monks to the missisippi gulf coast AND BACK . . . for my ex’s mother i might add. (i agree. it’s sounds ridiculous!)
8. On the brink of auditioning for a theatrical play!
9. Made some new friendships: Marguerite, Pedro, Soledad, JimmyMai, Louise and Andyloo . . .welcome to the CIRCLE. duck.duck.duck.GOOSE!
10. Still have mad, crazy love for Adam <3 u boo!
11. Found a new favorite classy lounge with AHH-MAZING food and TO-DIE-FOR lychee martinis: STRAITS
12. Continuing to be the best mom i can be to a 16 yr old boy. i think he trusts me . . . i trust him.
13. man . . . 36 is a huge number . . . not even half way there . . . these proud moments are gonna have to be more real and less profound.
14. i still have all of my teeth
15. i still have most of my hair
16. Jonah finds a gray hair only 2 or 3 times a month! Sweeeeet!
17. although i am not at my optimum weight, i have not gained a dress size this year 🙂
18. i still get carded . . . at a few places . . . ok, only when i ask them to humor me. :/
19. have not developed any weird late-in-life food allergies like many of my friends have . . . no more spicy food? really? sucks for you!
20. have cancelled my maid service! i know! i WAS a lazy ass! but now im cleaning my own toilets again . . . in fact, that was my first chore this morning!
21. discovered Criminal Minds! love me some SPENCE!
22. Did not have a COW when Jonah left the country for a whole MONTH!!!!
23. Finally cleaned the study and found my SWATCH WATCH again! (among a plethora of other goodies but were losties.)
24. Perfected chicarrones con salsa!
25. AWWW! Screw it– if it’s this hard, then it wasn’t meant to be . . . for pete’s sake, number 14 was that i still have all my teeth!
. . . i am very grateful for my close friends and my family. there is nothing more important to me 🙂 cheers everyone! Cuc