Dipping sauce for Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Recipe makes 1 cup of sauce
- 2/3 cup hoisin
- 2 heaping tbsp chunky peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice or coconut vinegar
- Juice from one lime or lemon
- 1-2 tsp chili sambal (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1-2 tsp sriracha (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil/sesame oil mix
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- In small sauce pan, Sauté garlic, onion and green onion in oil. Add fish sauce to pan. Sauté for a minute until garlic starts to brown. Do not let this burn.
- Lower heat to medium and add the hoisin, peanut butter, vinegar and stir until combined in pan.
- Add the sambal and sriracha, juice the lemon or lime over the mixture.
- Stir for another minute and turn off heat
You can top with more chopped peanuts if you’d like. Ready to serve with spring rolls!